Last updated: February 2, 2021
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING FASHION TRUST ARABIA’S SERVICES
Protecting your data, privacy and personal information is very important to Fashion Trust Arabia (“our”, “us” or “we”).
When visiting Fashion Trust Arabia’s website at www.fashiontrustarabia.com (our “Website”) or mobile applications, or using any of the services offered via the Website including (but not limited to) RSS feeds, software or other downloads (the “Services”), you will be asked to indicate your acknowledgement of, and where applicable consent to, the practices described in this policy.
Our Website contains links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to such third party websites.
Information we may ask for and collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide to us.
You will be asked to provide us with your information when you:
- Fill in forms on our Website, or correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise
- Register to use our Services
- Use the Services;
- Report a problem with our Website or Services
- Complete any surveys we ask you to fill in that we use for research purposes (although you do not have to respond to these if you do not want to).
You must have obtained clear permission from the individuals whose data you provide us with before sharing that data with us.
The information you will be asked to provide to us for these purposes will include, but is not limited to, your name, address, email address, job title, location, payment information such as credit card information and social media authentication data (where you authorise us to access this).
Where you use the Services offered on the Careers section of our Website, you will be asked to provide us with details of your current educational history including school(s) attended, previous employer(s) and work experience information, and other relevant information from your CV (where you provide this to us).
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information
- Technical information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and analytical purposes
- Details of your visits to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
- Information we receive from other sources. When using our Services, we will be in contact with third parties who may provide us with certain information about you in order to enable your use of the Services. This includes information about your purchase transactions from Recurly and Stripe (please refer to section below titled “Disclosure of your information”) in order that we know your payment has been successful.
Information we may collect about others. We may collect and process data about others that you provide us with, including (but not limited to) information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or that you provide to us by email. This information might include, but is not limited to, information you provide to us on your CV, if relevant, such as employer details including your references’ name, email address, telephone number and address, or may include emails you provide to us in order to share articles or jobs.
How we use your information and justification of use.
Use of personal information under EU data protection laws must be justified under one of a number of legal “grounds,” and we are required to set out the ground in respect of each use of your personal data in this policy. These are the principal grounds that justify our use of your information:
- Consent: where you have consented to our use of your information (you are providing explicit, informed, freely given consent, in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent in the circumstance detailed below by notifying us)
- Contract performance: where your information is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you
- Legal obligation: where we need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations
- Legitimate interests: where we use your information to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights
- Legal claims: where your information if necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you or a third party.
We use information held about you (and information about others that you have provided us with) in the following ways:
TYPE OF DATA DATA USES OF DATA USE JUSTIFICATION
Information you give us email, password, graduation year
Information we store
technical information about your computer
To provide secure access to Services
Provide specific access to the Services you have purchased
To verify your identity when you log in
Track access to the Services in order to prevent unauthorized access
Block disruptive use and ensuring the security of our products and services
Information you give us city, country, details regarding your current role, position, level and employer
Information we store
technical information about your computer
To personalize, measure and improve our advertising
Personalize third party or Fashion Trust Arabia on site advertising
We only use aggregated and anonymized data to measure the effectiveness of advertising
details of services you signed up for/purchased
details of jobs you have applied to.
Cookies are text files that are stored on a computer, smart phone or any other device for accessing the Internet each time you visit these web pages.
The Electronic Communications Act states that we may store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operating of the site. For all other types of cookies, we need your consent. This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are set by third parties that use our site.
On our web page we use the following types of cookies:
Necessary & Performance cookies
We use page-request specific cookies, which is an anonymous timestamp of the page requested allowing the website to identify if the person accessing the website is an administrator or a public user. This cookie updates with the current encrypted timestamp, and expires in 30 days (which is the default server’s PHP session time).
These same cookies allow the system to enhance the performance of the website, as it contains a reference pointer to the cached view queries, in order to speed up load times instead of investing server resources to process scripts and queries on each request.
Analytics, marketing and third-party cookies
In order to gain better understanding of our users we can also use information that we collect and combine or use information received from third parties (for example, using Google Analytics in order to establish the percentage of our visitors who belong to a specific age group or are located in a specific area).
We use Google Analytics, which creates numerous first-party cookies. They enable us to make sure that later visits to our web page are assigned to the same (unique) visitor, and they tell us how you have found us. Google Analytics is a tool that helps website owners measure the user’s behaviour when interacting with the web content.
If you want to opt-out, download and install the add-on for your web browser, the Google Analytics opt-out add-on is designed to be compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Firefox and Opera. In order to function, the opt-out add-on must be able to load and execute properly on your browser. For Internet Explorer, 3rd-party cookies must be enabled. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Session Cookies: we use these cookies to assign a randomly generated unique identification number to your computer each time you visit one of our web pages. The validity of a session cookie automatically expires when you close the browser. Session cookies are used to support the functionality of our web pages and to find out more about your usage of our web page or pages you have visited, which links you use and how long you spend on each page, on which part of the page you decided to leave it, etc.
Persistent Cookies: they allow web pages to recognize the user on their next visits and serve to speed up or optimize your online experience, the services or functions offered by the web page. Persistent cookies do not expire right after you close your browser, but rather remain on the hard drive until they expire after a certain period of time or are deleted by the user.